Food That Prevents Cancer –
A Diet for Life
Reservatrol is a powerful antioxidant found in grapes.
Everyone is always focusing on what food to avoid if you want to stay away from cancer. Here is a list of food that prevents cancer. Eat this stuff and prosper.
Food That Prevents Cancer – 10 Foods to Live By.
- Grapes. Antioxidants are a key to avoiding cancer. They stop free radicals from being able to form cancer cells in the first place. Reservatrol is a powerful antioxidant found in grapes. And guess what? It survives the fermentation process. Consider adding a glass of red wine daily to your diet, and it may help you to stay cancer free.
- Cruciferous Vegetables. Mom knew what she was doing when she made you finish all your vegetables. Cruciferous vegetables are cancer preventing in particular and they include broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, bak choy, kale, and cabbage. Again, it is the antioxidants in these vegetables that fight cancer before it has the opportunity to form.
- Whole Grains. Antioxidants and fiber make whole grains effective in preventing various types of cancer. The only exception is with Celiac patients. In your case, the risk of cancer, especially intestinal and esophageal cancer, is increased by the intake of gluten, and thus whole grains should be avoided.
- Flaxseeds. Lignans and Omega 3 fatty acids found in flax seeds have antioxidant effects and are particularly good at preventing colon cancer.
- Blueberries. They are already hailed as a super food. As it turns out, blueberries are a food that prevents cancer, and has distinguished itself amongst berries in this regard. You can add them to breakfast cereal, smoothies, or just eat them alone as a snack.
- Tomatoes. Lycopene, found especially in cooked tomatoes, has been found to have a positive effect on the prevention of several types of cancer including breast and stomach.
- Garlic. It does more than keep vampires away. Apparently lung, skin, and colon cancer hate garlic as well. You get a great addition flavor wise to your meals, and prevent cancer at the same time.
- Dark Green Leafy Vegetables. These veggies, such as spinach and mustard greens, have an antioxidant called carotenoids. They are super effective at fighting the free radicals that result in cancer.
- Green Tea. Green tea very beneficial for health. All tea has antioxidants, but green tea has the highest concentration of flavanoids by far. These can have a great effect on the prevention of several types of cancer including breast, prostate, colon, and liver cancer. Plus, it taste great both hot and cold, so you can enjoy it regardless of the season. If you don’t enjoy the flavor of green tea, many companies make a supplement in pill form that you could take daily.
- Mushrooms. This fungus is good for the overall well being of your immune system. That includes helping the body to stay cancer free, so be sure to keep this fungi on the menu. A list of food that prevents cancer isn't complete without mushrooms.
There you have it. Ten foods (and drinks) to keep on the menu if you want to stay cancer free. Make these dietary changes along with avoiding foods that increase risk of cancer, and you will be on your way to avoiding this disease.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Comment - Alkaline Foods.
* Footnotes: Research Articles Cited
Biomagnetic research provided by:
- BioMagnetic Research and Technology (Biomed Central)
- Hyperthermia using magnetite cationic liposomes for hamster Osteosarcoma
- Fumiko Matsuoka1, Masashige Shinkai1, Hiroyuki Honda*1, Tadahiko Kubo2, Takashi Sugita2 and Takeshi Kobayashi1
Enzyme research provided by:
- The FASEB Journal / The Official Journal of the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology
- Activation of prodrugs by antibody-enzyme conjugates: a new approach to cancer therapy.
- P D Senter
- February 1, 1990 The FASEB Journal vol. 4 no. 2 188-193
Hyperthermia research provided by:
- European Journal of Cancer (1965)
- Investigations on the possibility of a thermic tumour therapy—I.: Short-wave treatment of a transplanted isologous mouse mammary carcinoma
- Volume 8, Issue 1, February 1972, Pages 65, Pages IN3, Pages 69-68-IN8-78
- Presented in abbreviated form at the First Congress of the European Association for Cancer Research, Brussels, September 1970.
- Kristian Overgaard, Jens Overgaard
Insulin research provided by:
- Journal of BUON 14: 711-715, 2009
- © 2009 Zerbinis Medical Publications. Printed in Greece
- Low dose chemotherapy in combination with insulin for the treatment of advanced
- metastatic tumors. Preliminary experience
- C. Damyanov, M. Radoslavova, V. Gavrilov, D. Stoeva
- Medical Center of Integrative Medicine, Sofia, Bulgaria
Laser research provided by:
- CA:A Cancer Journal for Clinicians
- Photodynamic therapy of cancer: An update
- Patrizia Agostinis PhD1, Kristian Berg PhD2, Keith A. Cengel MD, PhD3, Thomas H. Foster PhD4, Albert W. Girotti PhD5, Sandra O. Gollnick PhD6, Stephen M. Hahn MD, PhD7, Michael R. Hamblin PhD8,9,10, Asta Juzeniene PhD11, David Kessel PhD12, Mladen Korbelik PhD13, Johan Moan PhD14,15, Pawel Mroz MD, PhD16,17, Dominika Nowis MD, PhD18, Jacques Piette PhD19, Brian C. Wilson PhD20 andJakub Golab MD, PhD21,22,*
- Version of Record online: 26 MAY 2011
Sonodynamic research provided by:
- Anticancer Research: International Journal of cancer research and treatment
- The Real Deal: Using Cytochalasin B in Sonodynamic Therapy to Preferentially Damage Leukemia Cells
- MATTHEW TRENDOWSKI, GUOWU YU, VICTORIA WONG, CHRISTOPHER ACQUAFONDATA,
- TIMOTHY CHRISTEN and THOMAS P. FONDY
- Department of Biology, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, U.S.A
Immunotherapy research provided by:
Oxygen research provided by:
- Anticancer Research / International Journal of Cancer Research and Treatment
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Inhibits Benign and Malignant Human Mammary Epithelial Cell Proliferation
- ERIC V. GRANOWITZ1, NORIKO TONOMURA2, RITA M. BENSON1, DEBORAH M. KATZ1, VIMLA BAND3, GRACE P. MAKARI-JUDSON1 and BARBARA A. OSBORNE2
Vitamin research provided by:
RIFE Technology research provided by:
Disclaimer: The content on this website and webpage is based on research studies by doctors around the world. The information you find here is intended for educational purposes only. It's not intended to diagnose or prescribe for any medical or psychological condition, nor to prevent, treat, mitigate, or cure such conditions. The information contained herein is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a doctor or qualified healthcare professional. Therefore, this information is not intended as medical advice, rather a sharing of knowledge and information based on research & experience.
** Although the clinic is great at helping cancer patients, individual results may vary. We suggest you have a phone consultation with the doctor to find out if he believes he can help you.
Copyright 2009-2015 Cancer Research Awareness
This site does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment of any disease.